Jac Min [Ben]
In his spare time, Jac Min writes films and tinkers with motion design. His obsessive curiosity has led him to toy incessantly with the moving image mediums. As a result, he is a writer-director of commercials, short films, promos and music videos. He believes in crafting fresh, visceral experiences around tight, interwoven narratives.
Meanwhile, his body of work has since been recognized by the likes of the Cannes Lion and Spikes Asia awards, and has been curated by the Asian Film Symposium, onedotzero and the National Museum of Singapore.
In 2008, he received the Media Education Scheme Scholarship from the Media Development Authority of Singapore for his undergraduate studies in film. Upon completion of his undergraduate research program undertaken at NTU in 2010, he received the title of the NTU President’s Research Scholar, for his film ‘Xiang/Yan.’ under the mentorship of Asst. Professor Michael Tan. Most recently, he was invited to be on the jury for Digital at the 2017 Crowbar Awards.
In 2012 he co-founded Semicolon, a boutique production outfit with a focus on commercials and branded content. He currently serves as one of its directors and founding partners.
- Jul 2, 2017 Welcome to Underland in Cannes Jul 2, 2017
- Aug 7, 2016 Callum Connects for Asian Entrepreneur Aug 7, 2016
- Jul 11, 2016 ADM Undergraduate Prospectus Jul 11, 2016
- Mar 20, 2015 POST Mar 20, 2015
- Dec 16, 2014 The Mail Came Dec 16, 2014
- Jul 17, 2014 The Hidden Dimension @ The Big Screen Jul 17, 2014